If you want to hire an Android developer, you may be tempted to seek candidates locally, and you may also be interested in only hiring on-site professionals to get your product completed.
The fact is, however, that the Internet offers the ability to not just advertise available projects locally, but also globally. On top of that, you can use the web to find qualified Android development talent who are available as remote workers, maximizing efficiency, and your budget.
What Are The Roles And Responsibilities Of An Android Developer?
Android developers have the responsibility of developing applications that are suitable for devices powered by the Android operating system. They need to have a full understanding of the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android and device types. These are the main roles and responsibilities of an Android Developer:
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Unite-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
If you’re looking to hire a talented developer to help you build your company’s application, these are the Android developer skills to look for:
- Knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with APIs to connect Android applicants to back-end services.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries.
- Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Understanding of code versioning tools (like Git).
- Experience working with continuous integration.
4 Tips for Hiring a Talented Android Developer
1. Consider the Cost
When it comes to developing Android apps and software, costs can vary widely. While the development of a simple app may run you a few thousand dollars, more complex apps can range into tens of thousands of dollars for professional development staff. In rare cases, such as when an app is extremely complex and requires a great deal of development time and effort, the costs associated with hiring a developer or developers can reach near $100,000 or more. All of this will need to be factored into your budget, and you should also remember that, in most cases, you get what you pay for.
2. Experience Matters … Only When It Doesn’t
As just mentioned, yes, you often do get what you pay for, but this shouldn’t hinder your search for qualified developers who don’t have the expected education or work-related experience. Unlike other professions, such as psychology or healthcare, many developers these days have learned skills on their own, completely independent of formal education.
In fact, if you want to hire Android development talent these days or any game developer, you might even be better off by looking for professionals who have learned on their own. These individuals have proven their passion and desire for not only Android development but also for learning new things and sticking with a subject of study without any guarantee of a return. In short, self-taught developers know what they want and are not afraid to take risks. This can be a huge benefit to your company and to your final product. Don’t know how to test them? Check these interview questions designed for screening the best android developers.
3. Don’t Limit Your Developer Search
Finally, it would be wise to recognize that remote workers are the way of the future for many industries, so don’t limit your candidate search to professionals in your local area. The Internet has made it easier than ever to hire Android development talent who resides in cities and countries across the world. Whether you communicate through email, text message, video conference, or phone calls, you now have the ability to work as a personal team, even if members are scattered throughout the globe.
4. Hire a Remote Android Developer
If you want to hire an Android developer, have you consider hiring remotely? Think about it, by hiring a remote developer, you save costs, plus you get much better talent than if you hire locally.
If this option sounds like music to your ears, DistantJob offers the solution you’re looking for. As a remote recruitment agency, we help companies who need top talent. We can help your business find the right people for your company’s uniques needs. Contact our experts today!