Web technologies have grown significantly during the past years. As time passes by, more and more companies are seeking to have a strong online presence and want to build a business website. But, building a website is not about choosing pretty backgrounds and a nice font letter. It’s a science that defies developers to give their best. And front end developers have a crucial part in making this happen. They need to be at the top of their game, keeping pace with all the new tools that continuously appear in the market – and there are thousands of them. Fortunately, we created a small list with our top 10 front end development tools in 2020.
What is Front End Web Development?
Instead of getting too technical with many of these concepts that can be painful for those unfamiliar with the tech world, let’s analyze them with a simple example. There are three types of developers who specialize in building and managing websites. There’s the front end developer, the back end developer, and the full stack developer. Now let’s imagine that we have an old rusty robot that we want to sell. Nobody would want to buy it if it looks ugly and doesn’t work, right? So we need to take care of both the functional and physical aspects. We need to paint it beautifully, take care of the looks and functionality of the robot. But that’s not it. We need to make it work in a way that the robot efficiently manages its own data. Otherwise, it could overheat and collapse. To do all this, we need someone who takes care of both the front and the back parts that make a robot work correctly.
A website works the same. In this case, the person who makes sure the robot is user-friendly and looks good is the front-end web developer. And the role of the person who takes care of the data management, among other internal aspects, is the back end developer. There is also a developer who can manage both parts called full stack developer.
What Core Technologies do Front End web Developers Use?
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML) provides websites the basic structure. HTML uses tags to differentiate all the types of content on a website. All the paragraphs, headers, and images you are currently seeing are because of HTML.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a programming language that commands how all the HTML elements must appear on the website. Or in other words, CSS makes HTML pretty. HTML provides the structure, but CSS styles it to make the content of a website look attractive and engaging to the users.
What are the Tools Used for Web development?
We briefly mentioned the main responsibilities of a front end web developer and the programming languages that they need to learn to create and manage websites. It all sounds so simple! But it’s not, and this is why many companies hire talented developers and leave that stress to the pros. Yet, even the most talented devs have a hard time debugging and managing difficult tasks, and this is why there’s a vast quantity of tools, frameworks, applications, etc. Here’s our list with the top front end tools for web development:
- It has a very small size (12 to 21KG).
- It’s flexible, making it suitable for cross-platform applications.
- It has great tooling (Unit testing, State Store, Routing, etc.).
- It combines the best features of Angular and React.
- It’s able to create a client-side application by using MVC.
- User interface with HTML.
- It has a two-way data binding.
- Easy to understand and learn.
- Great for mobile app development.
- Provides stable code and useful tools for developers.
- It’s component-based.
4. Ionic 2
Ionic is an open-source user interface created in 2013 capable of building both mobile and desktop applications. Iconic uses web technologies such as CSS, Sass, and HTML5, to develop tools and services useful for developing mobile and desktop web apps. Ionic is usually known for its efficiency in building mobile applications. But many front end developers, due to its great features, use it often for websites.
- It has pre-designed components.
- Can deploy across multiple platforms.
- Developers can use native device functions with the JS code.
- High availability of plugins.
- When the model changes, Backbone.js automatically updates a developer’s HTML.
- It has separate business and UI logic.
- It offers more than 100+ extensions.
- Makes a developer’s code simple and organized.
- It provides a responsive system.
- It has powerful plugins built on JQuery.
- Suitable for modern browsers (Chrome, Safai, Opera, etc).
- Easy to use ad it’s also mobile-friendly.
- It has several built-in features.
- Speeds development time.
- Automatic updates when there are modifications in the database.
- It has more than 5,000 plugins.
- Widely used by companies such as Microsoft, WordPress, Mozilla, Adobe Systems, etc.
- Allows developers to automate almost anything.
- Easy installation.
Sass brings up all the good stuff. Its name is an abbreviation for syntactically awesome style sheets. It consists of a preprocessor scripting language that compiles into CSS. It allows developers to use variables, nested rules, mixing, and functions. One of its awesome features is that it also helps developers with sharing design across projects.
- Developers can organize large stylesheets.
- It’s compatible with CSS.
- It has multiple functions for color manipulation.
- It offers advanced features like control directives for libraries.
Sublime is a text editor with a Python programming interface that provides support to programming and markup languages. It also supports split editing mode, meaning that developers can edit files side by side.
- Supports Windows, mac, and Linux platforms.
- It’s a cross-platform with instant project switch.
- Extensive customizability via JSON setting files.
- Use Goto Anything for quick navigation to files/symbols/lines.
Need a Front End Developer?
We’re your guys!
Let’s be honest; recruiting tech talent is difficult and frustrating. There are so many places to choose from, and so many different types of personalities that choosing one and hoping for the best might make you lose money, time, and energy. Ever heard the saying when life gives you lemons make lemonade? We are your lemons! We can get you the best talent worldwide while you build the best tech team. Let us know what type of candidate you are seeking, and in less than two weeks, you’ll be having a new face working for you.