To build a website and grow your online presence, you need a front-end developer – and the right front-end development tools. Websites and apps need constant updating, and new front-end development tools pop up every day to make interfaces more interactive and user-friendly. Front-end developers take care of application development services to ensure site efficiency, interactivity, and, more importantly, user interaction.
To give these results, a front-end developer can use a vast variety of tools, but which is the most suitable for your project? The choice between hundreds of front-end development tools can be challenging, especially considering the constant updates or new tools coming up.
Fortunately, we created a small list with our top 20 front-end development tools in 2021.
What is Front-End Web Development?
There are three types of developers who specialize in building and managing websites. There’s the front-end developer, the back-end developer, and the full-stack developer. Now let’s imagine that we have an old rusty robot that we want to sell. Nobody would want to buy it if it looks ugly and doesn’t work, right? So we need to take care of both the functional and physical aspects. We need to paint it beautifully, take care of the looks and functionality of the robot. But that’s not it. We need to make it work in a way that the robot efficiently manages its own data. Otherwise, it could overheat and collapse. To do all this, we need someone who takes care of both the front and the back parts that make a robot work correctly.
A website works the same. In this case, the person who makes sure the robot is user-friendly and looks good is the front-end developer. And to make your website smooth and efficient for your users, you need to find the right front-end development tools to make your developer’s work easier.
What Core Technologies Do Front-End Web Developers Use?
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML) provides websites the basic structure. HTML uses tags to differentiate all the types of content on a website. All the paragraphs, headers, and images you are currently seeing are because of HTML.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a programming language that commands how all the HTML elements must appear on the website. In other words, CSS makes HTML pretty. In short, HTML provides the structure, but CSS styles it to make the content of a website look attractive and engaging to the users.
What Are The Right Front-End Development Tools In Web Development?
Even the most talented front-end devs have a hard time debugging and managing difficult tasks – which is why there’s a vast quantity of tools, frameworks, applications, etc.
To simplify your job, here’s our list of the top front-end development tools for web development:
20 Tools For Front-End Development Tools
- It has a very small size (12 to 21KG).
- It’s flexible, making it suitable for cross-platform applications.
- It has great tooling (Unit testing, State Store, Routing, etc.).
- It combines the best features of Angular and React.
- It’s able to create a client-side application by using MVC.
- User interface with HTML.
- It has a two-way data binding.
Read more: 8 Angular JS Alternatives
For example, ReactJS uses a virtual DOM instead of the real DOM, meaning that a web page no longer recalculates every time the DOM changes the browser. This and other features allow React developers to build fast and clean websites.
- Easy to understand and learn.
- Great for mobile app development.
- Provides stable code and useful tools for developers.
- It’s component-based.
Read more: React Vs Swift: Which one is Better
4. Ionic 2
Ionic is an open-source user interface created in 2013 capable of building both mobile and desktop applications. Iconic uses web technologies such as CSS, Sass, and HTML5 to develop tools and services for mobile and desktop web apps. In short, Ionic is usually known for its efficiency in building mobile applications. However, many front-end developers, due to its great features, use it often for websites.
- It has pre-designed components.
- Can deploy across multiple platforms.
- Developers can use native device functions with the JS code.
- High availability of plugins.
- When the model changes, Backbone.js automatically updates a developer’s HTML.
- It has separate business and UI logic.
- It offers more than 100+ extensions.
- Makes a developer’s code simple and organized.
- It provides a responsive system.
- It has powerful plugins built on JQuery.
- Suitable for modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc).
- Easy to use and it’s also mobile-friendly.
- It has several built-in features.
- Speeds development time.
- Automatic updates when there are modifications in the database.
- It has more than 5,000 plugins.
- Widely used by companies such as Microsoft, WordPress, Mozilla, Adobe Systems, etc.
- Allows developers to automate almost anything.
- Easy installation.
Its name is an abbreviation for syntactically awesome style sheets. In short, it consists of a preprocessor scripting language that compiles into CSS. Therefore, it allows developers to use variables, nested rules, mixing, and functions. One of its awesome features is that it also helps developers with sharing design across projects.
- Developers can organize large stylesheets.
- It’s compatible with CSS.
- It has multiple functions for color manipulation.
- It offers advanced features like control directives for libraries.
Sublime is a text editor with a Python programming interface that provides support to programming and markup languages. It also supports split editing mode, meaning that developers can edit files side by side.
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- It’s a cross-platform with an instant project switch.
- Extensive customizability via JSON setting files.
- Use Goto Anything for quick navigation to files/symbols/lines.
11. Sencha Ext JS
- Among 140+ UI components are HTML5 calendar, grids, pivot grid, D3 adapter, trees, lists, forms, menus, toolbars, panels, windows, and much more.
- Hundreds of available user extensions in the Sencha community.
- The Ext JS Big Data Grid is 300x faster than most competitors.
- Flexible layout manager to organize the data display and content across multiple browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Data package included in Ext JS decouples the UI components from the data layer.
12. Creative Tim
Creative Tim provides Bootstrap design elements. To clarify, it supports web development work creating fast and functional web and mobile apps. Therefore, it’s one of the easiest tools to get started by providing different pre-built example pages.
- Easy to use Admin Templates.
- Admin Dashboards to save development time.
- Pre-made Sections & Elements
13. Envato HTML Templates
Envato provides over 1000+ ready-made HTML5 templates. It’s a great tool to save your developer’s time in writing code. The templates can be customized and are built for SEO optimization, CSS, and JS to improve Page Speed scores.
- Templates based on Bootstrap, Vuejs, Laravel, Angular, and the most popular frameworks.
- Responsive SASS templates and multi-file upload support.
- Light/Dark Options
- Charts Library, Chat, Email Apps and Widgets support.
- FREE Lifetime Updates.
- Unlimited color.
As a SaaS service, Elfsight is a web development tool allowing sites to upgrade without any coding. Your developer can customize your website by working on the interface. Elfsight widgets allow to increase sales, engage visitors, collect leads, and more.
Elfsight Apps work on platforms like WordPress, Shopify, Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, Joomla!, Drupal, BigCommerce, OpenCart, Adobe Muse, and can be added to an HTML website.
- Embed content from Social Media like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
- Displaying customer reviews from Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
- Chat facility.
- Forms for contact, feedback, survey, quiz, and more.
- Integrations with WordPress, Shopify, Weebly, and more.
Using this tool, your developer can publish, discover, install, and develop node programs, and discover packages of reusable code to reassemble them according to your priorities.
- Over 470,000 free code packages are available in the Registry.
- Publish and control access to a namespace.
- Manage public and private code with the same workflow.
- TypeScript supports other JS libraries.
- Portable across browsers, devices, and operating systems
- CSS changes are injected without reloading the entire page.
- Combine scripts to reduce HTTP requests.
- Minify code to reduce file sizes.
- Works automatically with most languages.
- Built-in tools for debugging, testing, and tracing client-side and Node.js applications.
- Integrated popular command-line tools for web development.
- Smart code insight, autocompletion, refactoring features, on-the-fly error prevention, etc.
- Unified UI working on many popular Version Control Systems.
- Customizable to suit different coding styles.
- Built-in debugger for client-side code and Node.js apps
19. HTML5 Boilerplate:
HTML5 Boilerplate allows the building of fast and adaptable web apps and websites. The tools comprehend a set of downloadable files that your developer can use as a foundation for any website.
- Use of HTML5 elements.
- Normalize.css for CSS normalizations and bug fixes.
- Apache Server Configs for performance and security.
- Optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
GitHub is one of the most popular web development platforms, which allows code review, project managing, and software building. Its web interface facilitates social coding, and developers can follow each other’s work on the run.
Github can store the source code for a project and track any change of the script. Using a public repository, developers can change, adapt and improve the software.
- Easy coordination among team members working remotely.
- Provides multiple tools to build a fast and efficient application.
- Code on a single platform.
- Host developers’ documentation directly from repositories
With the popularity of front-end development tools being on the rise due to ever-changing web techs, it might be challenging to pick the right tool or set of tools for your project. Hopefully, this list with popular front-end development tools we put together with our developers will give the answer you were looking for. Moreover, if you want to hire highly skilled front-end developers, then we are your guys. Because here at DistantJob, we spend our days matching the best global development talent with organizations around the world.