From plugins to processors, the array of web development tools available can seem daunting. To assist you in your search, we’ve created a list of essential tools for front-end development. Whether you’re looking for a specific tool or just want to gain a better understanding of the range of options available, our list is a great place to start.
Best Tools For Front-End Development Tools
- Ionic 2
- Creative Tim
- HTML5 Boilerplate
Front-end developers you often face challenges when it comes to debugging and managing complex tasks. Fortunately, there is a multitude of tools, frameworks, and applications available to overcome these obstacles.
We did our research and, here’s our list of the top front-end development tools for web development:
Vue.js is not entirely a framework and it’s focused on the view layer. Therefore, it’s easy to pick up and integrate with other libraries or projects. Further, one of their main highlights is that it provides reacting components with lightweight APIs. This allows you to do your job faster but also to work on complex applications.
- It has a very small size (12 to 21KG).
- It’s flexible, making it suitable for cross-platform applications.
- It has great tooling (Unit testing, State Store, Routing, etc.).
- It combines the best features of Angular and React.
- It’s able to create a client-side application by using MVC.
- User interface with HTML.
- It has a two-way data binding.
If you want a complete overview of Angular, check here: 8 Angular JS Alternatives
For example, ReactJS uses a virtual DOM instead of the real DOM, meaning that a web page no longer recalculates every time the DOM changes the browser. This and other features allow React developers to build fast and clean websites.
- Easy to understand and learn.
- Great for mobile app development.
- Provides stable code and useful tools for developers.
- It’s component-based.
Check here for more information about: React Vs Swift: Which one is Better
4. Ionic 2
Category: Angular library
Ionic is an open-source user interface created in 2013 capable of building both mobile and desktop applications. Iconic uses web technologies such as CSS, Sass, and HTML5 to develop tools and services for mobile and desktop web apps. In short, Ionic is usually known for its efficiency in building mobile applications. However, many front-end developers, due to its great features, use it often for websites.
- It has pre-designed components.
- Can deploy across multiple platforms.
- Developers can use native device functions with the JS code.
- High availability of plugins.
- When the model changes, Backbone.js automatically updates a developer’s HTML.
- It has separate business and UI logic.
- It offers more than 100+ extensions.
- Makes a developer’s code simple and organized.
Bootstrap was created by two developers working on Twitter in 2010. It’s known because it’s easy to use and allows you to build fast and responsive websites.
- It provides a responsive system.
- It has powerful plugins built on JQuery.
- Suitable for modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc).
- Easy to use and it’s also mobile-friendly.
- It has several built-in features.
- Speeds development time.
- Automatic updates when there are modifications in the database.
- It has more than 5,000 plugins.
- Widely used by companies such as Microsoft, WordPress, Mozilla, Adobe Systems, etc.
- Allows developers to automate almost anything.
- Easy installation.
Category: Preprocessor scripting language
Its name is an abbreviation for syntactically awesome style sheets. In short, it consists of a preprocessor scripting language that compiles into CSS. Therefore, it allows developers to use variables, nested rules, mixing, and functions. One of its awesome features is that it also helps developers with sharing design across projects.
- Developers can organize large stylesheets.
- It’s compatible with CSS.
- It has multiple functions for color manipulation.
- It offers advanced features like control directives for libraries.
Category: Text editor
Sublime is a text editor with a Python programming interface that provides support to programming and markup languages. It also supports split editing mode, meaning that developers can edit files side by side.
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- It’s a cross-platform with an instant project switch.
- Extensive customizability via JSON setting files.
- Use Goto Anything for quick navigation to files/symbols/lines.
11. Sencha Ext JS
- Among 140+ UI components are HTML5 calendar, grids, pivot grid, D3 adapter, trees, lists, forms, menus, toolbars, panels, windows, and much more.
- Hundreds of available user extensions in the Sencha community.
- The Ext JS Big Data Grid is 300x faster than most competitors.
- Flexible layout manager to organize the data display and content across multiple browsers, devices, and screen sizes.
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Data package included in Ext JS decouples the UI components from the data layer.
12. Creative Tim
Creative Tim provides Bootstrap design elements. To clarify, it supports web development work creating fast and functional web and mobile apps. Therefore, it’s one of the easiest tools for devs to get started by providing different pre-built example pages.
- Easy to use Admin Templates.
- Admin Dashboards to save development time.
- Pre-made Sections & Elements
13. Envato HTML Templates
Envato provides over 1000+ ready-made HTML5 templates. It’s a great tool to save your time writing less code. The templates can be customized and are built for SEO optimization, CSS, and JS to improve Page Speed scores.
- Templates based on Bootstrap, Vuejs, Laravel, Angular, and the most popular frameworks.
- Responsive SASS templates and multi-file upload support.
- Light/Dark Options
- Charts Library, Chat, Email Apps and Widgets support.
- FREE Lifetime Updates.
- Unlimited color.
As a SaaS service, Elfsight is a web development tool allowing sites to upgrade without any coding. You can customize the website by working on the interface. Elfsight widgets allow to increase sales, engage visitors, collect leads, and more.
Elfsight Apps work on platforms like WordPress, Shopify, Weebly, Wix, Squarespace, Joomla!, Drupal, BigCommerce, OpenCart, Adobe Muse, and can be added to an HTML website.
- Embed content from Social Media like Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.
- Displaying customer reviews from Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
- Chat facility.
- Forms for contact, feedback, survey, quiz, and more.
- Integrations with WordPress, Shopify, Weebly, and more.
Using this tool, you can publish, discover, install, and develop node programs, and discover packages of reusable code to reassemble them according to your priorities.
- Over 470,000 free code packages are available in the Registry.
- Publish and control access to a namespace.
- Manage public and private code with the same workflow.
- TypeScript supports other JS libraries.
- Portable across browsers, devices, and operating systems
- CSS changes are injected without reloading the entire page.
- Combine scripts to reduce HTTP requests.
- Minify code to reduce file sizes.
- Works automatically with most languages.
- Built-in tools for debugging, testing, and tracing client-side and Node.js applications.
- Integrated popular command-line tools for web development.
- Smart code insight, autocompletion, refactoring features, on-the-fly error prevention, etc.
- Unified UI working on many popular Version Control Systems.
- Customizable to suit different coding styles.
- Built-in debugger for client-side code and Node.js apps
19. HTML5 Boilerplate
HTML5 Boilerplate allows the building of fast and adaptable web apps and websites. The tools comprehend a set of downloadable files that you can use as a foundation for any website.
- Use of HTML5 elements.
- Normalize.css for CSS normalizations and bug fixes.
- Apache Server Configs for performance and security.
- Optimized version of the Google Universal Analytics snippet.
GitHub is one of the most popular web development platforms, which allows code review, project management, and software building. Its web interface facilitates social coding, and developers can follow each other’s work on the run.
GitHub can store the source code for a project and track any change in the script. Using a public repository, you can change, adapt and improve the software.
- Easy coordination among team members working remotely.
- Provides multiple tools to build a fast and efficient application.
- Code on a single platform.
- Host developers’ documentation directly from repositories
What Expertise Do Front-End Web Developers Need To Utilize Front-End Development Tools for Web Projects?
The right tools can make a visible difference. However, you will need to master the following technologies to build a user-friendly and innovative interface:
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML) provides websites with the basic structure. HTML uses tags to differentiate all the types of content on a website. All the paragraphs, headers, and images you are currently seeing are because of HTML.
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a programming language that commands how all the HTML elements must appear on the website. In other words, CSS makes HTML pretty. In short, HTML provides the structure, but CSS styles it to make the content of a website look attractive and engaging to the users.
With the popularity of front-end development tools being on the rise due to ever-changing web techs, it might be challenging to pick the right tool or set of tools for your project. Hopefully, this list of popular front-end development tools we put together with our developers will give the answer you were looking for.
And, if you want to hire another highly-skilled front-end developers, then we are your guys. Because here at DistantJob, we spend our days matching the best global development talent with organizations around the world.