AngularJS is one of the most popular frameworks used by more than 300,000 websites – including YouTube, Google, and Paypal. However, not everything is a bed of roses, and although AngularJS has significant benefits, it also has some limitations that make developers seek other options. So here are our top 8 AngularJS alternatives in 2021.
Overview of AngularJS Development
AngularJS is an open-source front-end web framework created by Google in October of 2010. Since then it has been maintained by developers and corporations that address challenges when developing single-page applications.
And its efficiency has led this framework to be one of the most popular ones among front-end developers – as well as companies. According to Stack Overflow’s Developer Survey (2018), AngularJS is the second most popular front-end framework. However, it’s not only developers who are in high demand for it. Companies are continually looking to hire an AngularJS developer for their websites as well.
Angular JS aims to simplify the development and testing process of such applications by providing a framework for client-side model-view-controller (MVC) and model-view-ViewModel (MVVM) architectures.
Despite its popularity and great features, AngularJS comes with its downsides so hence the alternatives. Here are the pros and cons of this framework:
|Create Single Page Applications efficiently||Developers need to be familiar with MVC|
|Provides two-way data binding||Limited SEO options|
|Creates responsive websites||It’s difficult to learn|
|Implements MVVM architecture||Less secure than other frameworks|
|Fully customizable framework||Time-consuming|
8 Popular AngularJs Alternatives in 2021
If you’re looking for great AngularJS alternatives, we’ve crafted a list with 10 great options for your next web development project:
- Uses a virtual DOM – React’s local and simplified copy of the HTML DOM – that helps developers avoiding unnecessary operations.
- One-way data-binding that helps code maintain stability
- It’s made of multiple components, and each component has its own logic and controls.
- It’s SEO friendly
- It has a mobile solution called React Native.
- It provides ways to apply transition/animation to HTML elements.
- It also has a Virtual DOM
- Data binding feature that helps assign values (or manipulate) to HTML features
- Command Line Interface (CLI) that speeds up the development process by offering plugins, instant prototyping, and other features.
- Suitable for cross-platform applications.
- It has an extensive ecosystem with useful plugins that help developers build powerful web applications.
- Combines modern JS models with a simple approach, Aurelia makes unit testing easy and effective.
- It’s simple to learn and use (you only need to add a script tag to your application to start).
- Dependency Injection Container that helps simplify the decomposing process of a system.
- It offers great documentation (and it has an extensive community of developers)
- Aurelia applications are testable and maintainable.
- Contains different building blocks such as models, views, and events.
- When a model changes it updates automatically the HTML of a developer’s code saving them a lot of time.
- It creates client-side web applications or mobile apps structured and in an organized format.
- Backbone has extensive documentation and more than 100 extensions to facilitate a devs job.
- It uses a template engine that makes the building of UI easier and flexible.
- Supports data binding (Provides both one-way and two-way data binding).
- Uses the web component standards to create reusable widgets in web applications.
- Supports cross-browser compatibility.
- It has polymer CLI (command line interface) to manage from simple components to complex web projects.
- Fast mobile app development.
- It offers developers a platform to build web, iOS, and Android applications.
- Meteor contains universal apps which means that developers use the same code for web browsers and mobile devices.
- When changes occur in the database, it automatically updates.
7. Sencha Ext
Sencha Ext features:
- It includes MVC and MVVM architecture
- Supports object-oriented concepts that make the development and maintenance of an application easy.
- Includes GUI-based controls to use while in the application development such as numeric field, radio and checkbox control, toolbars, tree control, vector graphic charts among others.
- An extensive 140+ pre-built component library
- Developers can improve the quality of their apps through end-to-end testing.
- It has a flexible layout manager that helps to organize the display of data and content across multiple devices and screen sizes.
- Any changes to view the model data appear in the UI automatically.
- Templates help developers to build complex UI structures in a convenient way.
- It provides an easy way of handling complex data-driven interfaces.
- Its official site has tutorials, information, live examples, and many things that help developers solve their doubts.
- It has declarative bindings that help connect parts of the UI to a data model.
- It can be added to an existing web application without making drastic changes.
We hope that with these AngularJS alternatives you can start your 2021 with the best tools by your side. Although some developers are devoted to AngularJS, there are pretty great options that can help you optimize your workflow and build great websites, in no time. It’s all about looking for the right choices and keeping up with the constant changes.