With the rapid change of the online space, companies have to keep modernizing their online presence to stay relevant, project an image of modernity and, more importantly, stand out from their competition. But these changes do not come without costs.
A website redesign cost can range from $1920 to $48000+, depending on the changes needed and who you hire to do it.
But how do you know which changes are needed? And how much do they impact the cost to redesign a website? Let’s find out!
4 Factors that Determine the Cost of Website Redesign
If you want to redesign your website and want to know the cost in the most accurate way for your specific case, you’ll have to evaluate the kinds of changes your website needs.
4 main factors that impact a website redesign price:
- Size: A large website will inevitably need more work to redesign and thus be more expensive.
- Feature Complexity: Depending on if you want to change, update or add new features to your website, the complexity of those changes will directly translate into higher costs.
- Design Changes: If you want an entirely new branding of the website, costs will inevitably rise. There are ways to minimize these costs, but they will inevitably lead to trade-offs.
- The Redesigner: Depending on who you hire, be it a freelancer or an agency, the website redesign costs will change accordingly.
Main Website Redesign Services You’ll Need
Hiring is just one part of the equation for website redesign pricing. To get the full picture, you’ll need to understand the services available on a redesign:
- Redecoration: When your website’s functionality is there but needs a new coat of paint. This is typically one of the least expensive options since all it needs is new visuals.
- Rewire: When the code on your website, be it on the front-end or back-end, needs to be worked on. Usually, this is done on slower sites that require some optimization to get back up to speed, but the visuals are fine.
- Remodel: A combination of Redecoration and Rewire, a Remodel works on both the visuals of the website as well as its code. As such, its price is higher than both previous options.
- Rebuild: When the existing visuals and code aren’t up to par and need serious retooling, the only option is to start anew. This is by far the most expensive option, but it will give you a modern website.
How Much Does it Cost to Redesign a Website?
It’s easy to imagine that the more changes needed and the more complex they get, the higher the cost to redesign a website. But how much does web development cost?
While we can’t go into specifics for any given project, we can make informed estimates based on available data to provide you with an average cost of website redesign. To do so, we’ll need to establish exactly who is doing the redesigning since that choice is the most driving factor.
For these estimates, let’s establish as a baseline that a redesign will take about a month (by virtue of not having to do the full work of designing a website from the ground up).
Freelancers are individual workers that you can hire, and the range of their skills and ability will vary wildly. They are, however, an affordable option for smaller changes.
If you’ve ever asked yourself, “How much does it cost to have someone update a website?” you’re probably thinking about the work done by a single freelancer. Using multiple freelancers for a single project is an option (especially if they have different backgrounds such as design and code), but make sure to promote good communication between them. Otherwise you can end up with completed parts that do not work at all when put together.
Cost Estimate: $1920 to $20000+ (highly dependent on the freelancer’s hourly rate)
- Extremely cost effective, with an affordable range of prices.
- Their skills can have a wide range of quality, and you may often take a lot of time to find a reliable one.
- Less accountability.
When a freelancer is not enough for the amount of work needed to redesign your website, it’s time to start thinking about hiring an agency.
Unlike freelancers, agencies assemble whole teams of specialists to help you in the various fields a redesign can encompass.
Cost Estimate: $4000 to $48000+ (highly dependent on the agency’s hourly rate)
- Can handle every facet of web development within a team thanks to their experts.
- Depending on the kind of expertise involved, they may be able to advise you specifically on the best practices for your business’ industry.
- A costlier option than hiring freelancers.
Want to redesign your Website at affordable prices?
Website redesign costs can depend on several factors, and we hope to have given you a comprehensive outlook of what exactly you can expect when you want to hire this kind of service. It’s important to update your online presence regularly, but it’s even more important to do it on a budget.
If you’re looking for an affordable and experienced professional to help you redesign your website, DistantJob has the people you need. You can find frontend developers, backend developers, and even full-on web developers to get your website up and running just how you want it and as fast as possible.