If a customer called and asked you to help them find the Oak button, would you know where to point them? No? You just need to tell them to click the button that says ‘OK’. Of course, most customers are pretty tech savvy, but they still need help every now and then. Does that sound like the job for you? Are their calls really important to you? If so, then we have a great role for you with a managed IT services provider.
About the Job:
You'll be the first point of contact for our client's customers, by phone, email or through their ticketing system. You'll be their first responder, providing initial analysis of the customers' issues: defining the problem, determining the level of severity and the correct response. You'll also be in charge of keeping the customer updated on your progress, since you will be their Internal Advocate, making sure to follow Tier 1 process and documentation requirements on each ticket. Issues you may handle include:
- Configuring and installing new workstations
- Network infrastructure troubleshooting
- Repairing, installing and managing support servers, personal computer hardware and peripherals;
- Monitoring and maintaining network systems, as well as troubleshooting
You'll have a passion for customer service and problem-solving, and a quick learner as well. You'll be the type of person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves talking with people and enjoys teamwork. You'll have the ability to address technical issues with non-technical lingo, and strong communication skills to speak with customers and document everything in writing.
- 1-2 years experience as a helpdesk tech.
- Practical experience is enough, but if you have relevant certifications that’s a big plus.
- You’ll know your way around:
- Windows PCs: Workgroup and Domain environments, setup and migration, common Windows apps (Office suite, Adobe, etc), and targeting basic hardware problems
- Windows Servers: Active Directory and DNS services; network, file & folder security; certificates and print servers
- Exchange Servers: configuration; backup & restore; database & PST management; Outlook web access
- Virus & spam management, troubleshooting LAN & basic network equipment
- CRM systems
- To work during PST hours but have flexibility to get an earlier start
- Good written and spoken English.
You’ll be using:
- Autotask for ticketing
- Kaseya for remote management.
- Mostly Microsoft Servers, with the occasional VMWare or HyperV thrown in
- Office 365
Sound good? If you think this role is what you’re looking for, and you know where to find the Oak button, then get in touch today.