Level 3 IT Systems Engineer
“Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me?'” – Brian Tracy. We're looking for a Level 3 Engineer who will help our client pave the way to success for customers in their area.
They are a leading Managed Services Provider that has been in the industry for nearly fifteen years. They like to think of themselves as a community-centered organization: they have clients in different sectors within their region, and their mission is to help them succeed. Their values? To do it with empathy – they want to deliver friendly, caring, and responsive service 100% of the time.
They have a small and highly efficient team with a leader who has 25 years of experience in the IT support industry. The group is fairly small – you'd be working alongside a Director of Operations and Level 3 Engineer and a few other Level 2 Engineers. They expect to grow next year, so business is booming! The majority of the company's growth stems from current clients' new projects.
The focus for this position will mainly be ticket escalations and also project work for clients, though it will occasionally involve taking care of the ticket queue when it is required. You will be ideal for this position if you can be both independent as a support and point for the level two team and eager to collaborate in a tight-knit team, and capable of asking for help when needed since lone wolves are not welcome here.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Provide extraordinary customer service and support on incoming calls and escalated tickets.
- Ideate and deliver infrastructure upgrades and projects for clients while ensuring best IT practices are kept.
- Manage and monitor their clients' computers, systems, networks, servers, and IT infrastructure.
- Update the client documentation, tickets, network maps, and keep notes tidy.
- Network design and implementation, including DHCP, DNS, domains, firewall setup, VPN access, VLANs, and more.
- Provide customers with reasonable updates regarding their projects or cases.
- Create or update policies and procedures for technical staff use when new issues occur that may impact multiple users.
- Assist in on-call rotation with the other Technician and Engineering staff.
- Troubleshoot issues related to:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and SBS variants
- Windows 7/10, Mac OS, Android/iPhone/Windows Phone OS
- Hypervisor, VDI, VM/Ware
- Windows workgroups and domains
- Windows networking
- Active Directory
- Creating and modifying user profiles
- Group Policy objects
- Data backup and recovery, local and cloud.
- Firewall Configuration (VPN, port forwarding, etc.)
- LAN and WAN connectivity
- Onsite and hosted Exchange environments (Google Apps and O365)
- Hardware diagnostics
- MS Office Suite 2007-2016
- Cloud phone providers
- Third-party apps with assistance from vendors
What skills will you need?
- 5+ years of experience in technical support positions
- Experience providing support to multiple clients
- Ability to build services such as servers, firewalls, networking, etc.
- Good interpersonal skills and empathetic and team-player attitudes
- Good diagnosis skills
- Proficiency in troubleshooting client and server operating systems
- Excellent decision-making and project management skills.
- Experience with Autotask, Kaseya, IT Glue, Jamf or Addigy, AWS
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Security +, MCDST, MCSA