HERE IS WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: SOMEONE THAT READS THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AND FEELS THE BURNING NEED TO MESSAGE US, TELLING US HOW TO WRITE IT BETTER!
WORKING AT THIS TEAM IS ABOUT THAT: LOOKING AT EVERYTHING WITH THE AIM TO IMPROVE. IT’S ABOUT FINDING FLAWS IN THE PROCESS AND THE DELIVERABLES, BUT GOING ONE STEP BEYOND BEING THE CRITIC, AND ACTUALLY OWNING THE RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE THINGS BETTER. IT’S ABOUT NOT BEING AFRAID TO BREAK THINGS THAT WORK IN THE JOURNEY TO MAKE THEM WORK BETTER.
THE MISSION IS TO HELP HUNGRY, AMBITIOUS GO-GETTERS STAND ON THE SHOULDERS OF GIANTS. THE COMPANY FOUNDER INTERVIEWS EXCEPTIONAL LEADERS, DRAWING OUT THE KNOWLEDGE THAT OTHERS CAN USE TO FIND THEIR OWN PATH.
TO HELP MORE PEOPLE REACH THEIR GOALS, WE AIM TO INCREASE THE PROFITABILITY OF THE CURRENT MODEL: REVENUE THROUGH PODCAST SPONSORS AND VIA SELLING SUBSCRIPTIONS TO OUR HIGH-QUALITY COURSES.
THAT’S WHERE YOU COME IN. WE NEED A SUPERSTAR MARKETING MANAGER TO OWN THE RESPONSIBILITY OF IMPROVING EVERY FACET OF OUR BUSINESS AND DRIVE IT INTO HYPERGROWTH. MIGHT YOU BE THE ONE? READ ON AND FIND OUT.
Here’s What You’ll Be Doing:
- Improve the Podcast content
- WHY: The company’s reputation, mission, and the audience grows every time it lands interviewees who are well-known, or whose companies are well known.
- Be on constant lookout for top-tier guests to have on the podcast. Who is everyone talking about? Who is a great founder that people haven’t talked about for a while? Who is a quiet, hidden genius that has silently built an empire?
- Create an outreach process to grab the attention of the people mentioned above – then execute! Tirelessly. Every. Single. Day.
- Create & manage a process that will make sure the podcast host is prepared once he faces the guest in the interview arena. Make it your mission to have the guest say, at the end: “Wow. I feel as if he has known me for years.”
- Improve the production quality of the Podcasts
- WHY: Audio & video quality is a major reason why listeners continue subscribing to the podcast & sharing it.
- Work with sound editors to improve the audio quality post-production.
- Come up with strategies for improving audio quality pre-production. For example, buying a microphone for each guest and sending it as a gift.
- Come up with ways to improve the interviews’ video quality. Examples: hire someone to create intro & outro videos, and find ways for the host to show guest’s websites and other visuals during an interview.
- Revamp content marketing initiatives
- WHY: Founders reveal interesting things in their interviews, but those nuggets are buried deep inside each 1-hour episode. We need to get that out so we can recruit more listeners.
- Find places where we can publish content based on our interviews. (For example, turning interview responses into Quora answers or quotes into Instagram posts or interview clips into YouTube videos.)
- Create & implement a plan for testing new content locations. Invest in the places that work and stop the experiments that don’t.
- Hire the right agencies or freelancers to implement each test. Manage these as a content marketing team.
- Work with an ad manager to make people LOVE to hear about sponsor’s products.
- WHY: Advertising is currently the biggest source of revenue for the company.
- Make that the needs of the sponsors are attached to and emphasized on the host’s interview research docs.
- Find ways to make sponsor messages more interesting.
- Produce courses that stand-out as the best in Online self-learning.
- WHY: The monthly membership fee the company gets from founders who want to watch their courses needs to become the biggest source of revenue again.
- Find course leaders (who are proven founders) to teach new courses.
- With management’s guidance, create the outline for the course leader to use to teach.
- Find a production company to record with the guest, or a host to record with the guest.
- Lead our email & chat Marketing.
- WHY: Email is the company’s best customer acquisition platform, but it’s losing effectiveness because 1) they only email people when they want to sell something and 2) the audience is shifting their attention to chat.
- Come up with an email strategy that allows the business to teach & excite their audience. Manage the writers who implement the strategy.
- Come up with a plan for what content they should send their fans via chat apps like Facebook Messenger.
Here’s How Your Success Will Be Measured:
- The number of top-tier interviewees.
- The numbe