Experienced sysadmin / network engineer
- Remote, Position
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A FULL-FLEDGED EXPERT IN KEEPING SYSTEMS RUNNING SMOOTHLY. THIS MEANS SOMEONE WHO CAN INTERACT WITH CLIENTS ON A DAILY BASIS AS A SYSADMIN AND NETWORK ENGINEER, AND MAKE SURE THAT THEY GET WHAT THEY NEED. (WE’D TELL A UDP JOKE NOW, BUT HALF THE PEOPLE READING PROBABLY WOULDN’T GET IT. IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE ONES THAT DID GET IT, THEN YOU MIGHT BE A GREAT FIT!). OBVIOUSLY, THIS POSITION REQUIRES NERVES OF STEEL, AN ANALYTICAL MIND THAT TAKES PLEASURE IN LOOKING AT PROBLEMS AND COMING UP WITH SOLUTIONS, AND, OF COURSE, THE SAINTLY PATIENCE TO WAIT FOR JAVA VMS TO START UP.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD BE SOMEONE WITH DEEP KNOWLEDGE OF UNIX / LINUX SYSTEMS, ESXI & HYPERVISORS / KVM SOLUTIONS IN GENERAL, VSWITCHES, WINDOWS SERVERS, AND A THOROUGH UNDERSTANDING OF HOW ALL KINDS OF SERVICES WORK. AT THE SAME TIME, WE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO UNDERSTAND ANYTHING RELATED TO NETWORK ENGINEERING, BUT ESPECIALLY DOMINATE THE SOLUTIONS BY CISCO AND CHECKPOINT, AS YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH THOSE IN LARGE ENVIRONMENTS AND WITH CRUCIAL IMPLEMENTATIONS IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
What you’ll do:
- Familiarise yourself with our client’s infrastructure
- Familiarise yourself with our procedures and protocols
- Install, support, and maintain servers or other computer systems
- Plan for and respond to service outages and other problems
- Deploy, test, maintain, and oversee the performance of network software, specifically solutions by Cisco and Checkpoint, but not limited to those
- Proactively perform server health monitoring tasks and analyze systems for bottlenecks
- Do problem analysis and systems monitoring; be proactive in finding solutions and implementing them independently.
- 5+ years of experience with Unix / Linux systems, ESXi & hypervisors / KVM solutions, vswitches, and windows servers.
- 5+ years of experience with all types of services that run on cloud operators or mvno – apis, web servers, database servers, java applications, etc.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with Cisco and Checkpoint network solutions
- Good communication capability.
- Fluent in English.
THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE FOR SOMEONE WITH A WITH A PROBLEM-SOLVING MINDSET TO WORK IN A SECURITY-RELATED ENVIRONMENT WHERE SOUND JUDGMENT AND HIGH TECHNICAL CAPABILITY ARE CRUCIAL. THE WORK WILL BE FULLY REMOTE AND FULL-TIME.