You love the challenge of talking to someone about their vision and then turning it into reality, picking the perfect elements, and using your skills to mold them into a beautiful home or landing page offering a great user experience. You look at any website and you immediately try to think about ways in which to make it look and perform better. Anything with less than an A+ speed rating makes you curse about how the internet is going to hell in a handbasket.
If the description above resonates, then we have a job for you!
We’re looking for someone to keep our self-hosted WordPress installation clean and so secure that not even George Clooney and ten other misfits could break into it, and so blazingly fast that not even Vin Diesel would keep pace with the loading speeds. You’ll also assist our marketing team in creating beautiful, responsive landing pages to support our campaigns; incredibly practical and SEO-optimized hubs to showcase our evergreen content; and to expand, improve and A/B test variations of our home on the internet.
Here’s what you need to know:
- 5+ years of experience building websites in WordPress, with A+ page speed ratings
- Experience using the BackupBuddy plugin
- Experience managing hosting with SSH access; managing SSL certificates; optimizing through CDN.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the WP Plugin ecosystem (ability to recommend, install and configure the right plugins for each job)
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of on-page SEO best practices
- Ability to choose, manage and work with freelance designers on a budget, to produce custom assets.
- Ability to offer alternative solutions and explain the pros & cons to people with marketing expertise but no tech background.
About the job:
- Part-time job, but fully integrated into the company
- We want you to take as much ownership as possible of our website technology, performance and security. Your first job will be to get our WP, Elementor-based website working without Elementor with minimal change to style and functionality; later, you will be working with a world-class artist and designer to redesign it completely.
- Fully remote
- Work with a group of fun nerds who want to change the recruitment industry.