“What we're seeing is a transition, the beginning of an S curve of growth for the data center industry. Unlike the internet bubble around 2000 – which involved ideas that had yet to generate any revenue – the cloud, with upward of $4 trillion in market cap, is a real business with real opportunities. This isn't a bubble.” – Dave Crowley, Microsoft
With a statement like this, who wouldn't want to ride the wave of datacenter expansion? And we have just the right opportunity for you – don't blink and don't think twice before it disappears! Oh right, we should do the responsible thing and give you details first. Alright, here we go:
Our client provides enterprise-class managed data center services, and they're looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner for their team. They have around 70 datacenters servicing 29 different markets, and we can't disclose their clients – but think about any major industry player from hyperscalers, banks, healthcare and social media platforms, and they're likely in their CRM. It's safe to say it's a very impactful project that you'll have the chance to work on.
You'll be working with the software engineering and product teams, as well as diverse internal stakeholders and end users. Your main priority will be to scope out the work for critical solutions, analyzing its impact and how to account for it. You're ideal for this role if you have previous experience managing software development with a technical background and a solid grasp of system architecture, or if you're in a technical leadership role and are looking to make a change into product management.
The list of responsibilities includes:
- Handle incoming requests related to vital internal software tools for the business. Take charge of the scoping, value delivery, and scheduling within Scrum teams.
- Work closely with leaders in the business, essential stakeholders, and end users to comprehend their issues. Clearly convey the specified requirements to the internal development engineering team in a state ready for development.
- Take responsibility for the procedure of collecting user requirements, documenting them, and optimizing business processes, including technical dependencies within systems and sub-systems.
- Ensure that the teams maintain a focus on quality and adhere to continuous delivery practices.
- Establish effective communication with counterparts in the development group and other significant stakeholders.
What qualifications and skills are we looking for?
- Previous experience as a Technical Product Owner wokring with software/SaaS products, or current experience as a tech lead
- Impeccable English communication
- Experience with Agile project management tools, like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of the SDLC
- Experience with design thinking and sprint frameworks
- Bonus points for SQL development experience
Get on board this train while you can! The company is planning to triple in size in the next 3 to 4 years. If you care about long-term commitment and making an impact on a large-scale global service, please fill out the form below so we can get in touch with you.