We're looking for a Senior Backend Ruby-on-Rails Developer for one of our most fun clients. Not a good one – but an awesome one! We want people who can look at Neo's code from the Matrix: as a set of fun problems to be solved and processes to be optimized.
You'll jump right in, taking on tasks that involve designing systems from scratch and maintaining a portfolio of highly trafficked applications from a major player in the entertainment industry. Do note that they have spicy content.
If you're interested in creating and growing exciting new products in the entertainment and pop culture space, we'd love to hear from you!
Here are traits that they value:
- Constant learner
- Code quality nerd
They practice Agile / Scrum product development, use JIRA, host daily stand-ups, and work in 2‐week sprints.
What you will be working on:
- Building and ntegrating with APIs
- Developing and maintaining billing and authentication Systems
- Crearing RSpec tests
- Data design and application architecture
- Using your experience to solve a variety of problems
- Shipping highly performant queries and code
- Data analysis and visualization
- Experience debugging during outages
- DevOps Experience
What experience will you need to succeed?
- Highly proficient in Ruby and Ruby on Rails (Ruby 2+, Rails 3.2‐4)
- Data modeling and database design, with MySQL, MariaDB
- Building and integrating with APIs
- Ecommerce and billing processor integrations
- Application & Database architecture
- Rspec testing
- You're looking for long-term stable employment (this is not a freelance job).
- You're available with at least a 6-hour overlap of US Central time.
- You have a quiet place to work.
- You're comfortable working with adult content.
Here Is What's In It For You:
- You get to work from home. Goodbye, pants!*
- No annoying time-tracking spy-software. We hate that stuff as much as you do. We trust you! Our clients trust you!
- You'll be working with pretty fun people.
*Please wear some clothes during video conferencing.
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate to send over your profile!