“What we're seeing is a transition, the beginning of an S curve of growth for the data center industry. Unlike the internet bubble around 2000 – which involved ideas that had yet to generate any revenue – the cloud, with upward of $4 trillion in market cap, is a real business with real opportunities. This isn't a bubble.” – Dave Crowley, Microsoft
With a statement like this, who wouldn't want to ride the wave of datacenter expansion? And we have just the right opportunity for you – don't blink and don't think twice before it disappears! Oh right, we should do the responsible thing and give you details first. Alright, here we go:
Our client provides enterprise-class managed data center services, and they want to make a new addition to their team to keep up with the 700% growth they've had in the past 6 years. They have around 70 datacenters servicing 29 different markets, and we can't disclose their clients – but think about any major industry player from hyperscalers, banks, healthcare and social media platforms, and they're likely in their CRM. The team you will be joining is modernizing a legacy ERP platform into current-day technologies. The scale of their applications are enormous, the amount of compiled DLLs are equal to the number of Spartans that Gerard Butler led into battle, and the number of records in their relational databases is more than the number of fans who saw Beyonce in concert this year. It's safe to say it's a very impactful project that you'll have the chance to work on.
You'll be building the API that feeds their external and internal applications, and allows their clients to engage with their systems and services worldwide. They're looking for someone highly skilled with PHP, MySQL, third-party API integration, and experience with high-availability and highly performant database and web platforms. You'll be encouraged to voice your opinion, debate about creative solutions, and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
The list of responsibilities includes:
- Design and develop the company's API that feeds into their systems
- Design and implement tools to automate recurring processes that are resource-intensive
- Assist and give suggestions on the internal system architecture to ensure high availability
- Collaborate with various database platforms and SOAP/REST-based APIs
- Prioritize and address issues while also developing new features in their existing internal tool systems
- Generate documentation for development, design, and quality assurance purposes
- Coordinate and lead requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders to establish functional and technical specifications
- Conduct impact analyses of processes and applications to assess the implications of proposed additions and changes
- Evaluate deployments and provide insights during sprint retrospectives
What qualifications and skills are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience with PHP and MySQL
- Previous experience working with enterprise-grade applications and high-availability systems and databases
- 5+ years of experience integrating third-party APIs
- Experience with Microsoft SQL and writing complex queries
- Experience writing elaborate MySQL queries
- Experience working with ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Redis, and Docker
You'll get bonus points for:
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with EAV models and MVC frameworks
- Experience participating in database architecting
Get on board this train while you can! The company is planning to triple in size in the next 3 to 4 years, and you'll have significant growth opportunities within the team. Also, you'll be working alongside very talented and passionate developers, and the team culture is highly regarded within the company. If you care about long-term commitment and making an impact on a large-scale global service, please fill out the form below so we can get in touch with you.