We're looking for a Senior Backend Ruby-on-Rails Developer for one of our most beloved clients. Not a good one – but an awesome one! We want people who can look at Neo's code from the Matrix: as a set of fun problems to be solved and processes to be optimized.
You'll jump right in, taking on tasks that involve designing systems from scratch and maintaining a portfolio of highly trafficked applications from a major player in the entertainment industry. Do note that they have spicy content so be ready for a job that some say it's NSFW.
If you're interested in creating and growing exciting new products in the entertainment and pop culture space, we'd love to hear from you!
Here are traits that they value:
- Self-Starter: You take the initiative, meet deadlines, and creatively solve problems.
- Student: You always learn through reading, meet-ups, etc., and apply best practices whenever possible.
- Teacher: You command programming fundamentals and concepts and explain design patterns in developing OOP.
- Craftsman: You strive to create code that is tested, maintainable, readable, and re-usable.
- Versatile: You have relevant experience in a wide range of technologies.
You should also be familiar with the following tools:
- Highly skilled in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Master of MySQL
They practice Agile / Scrum product development, use JIRA, host daily stand-ups, and work in 2‐week sprints.
- Data analysis and visualization
- Debugging experience during outages
- Experience contributing to a high performing Agile Team
- DevOps Experience
What you will be working on:
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Legacy Billing and Authentication Systems
- Authoring RSpec Tests to improve confidence levels
- Data design and application architecture
- Solving a variety of complex problems by utilizing your experience
- Building high performance queries and code
- You're looking for long-term stable employment (this is not a freelance job it's a full time position).
- You're available with at least a 6-hour overlap of US Central time.
- You have a quiet place to work.
- You're comfortable working with adult content.
One VERY IMPORTANT THING: since this is a remote position, and communication is super important for us and our clients, you NEED to have access to high-quality internet all the time. If hamsters power your router, sorry, that doesn't work for us.
Here Is What's In It For You:
- You get to work from home. Goodbye, pants!*
- Flexible hours. We care about you doing good work, not about how long you take. Spend more time with your family, friends, or LoL team.
- Earn a highly competitive salary.
- No annoying time-tracking spy-software. We hate that stuff as much as you do. We trust you! Our clients trust you!
- We're pretty fun people.
*Please wear some pants during video conferencing.
If this sounds like you, don't hesitate to send over your profile!
Ready to apply? Please include:
- A little about yourself
- What you're interested in
- What you've been doing with regard to code
- A link to your GitHub account (and/or relevant code samples and contributions)
- A resume and personal website if you have one