Join our dynamic team in a company in the high-frequency trading sector. This is a hybrid role in Montreal where you'll join the office 2 to 3 days per week. We're seeking a proactive team member who can grow within the role, make innovative suggestions, spot opportunities, and stay abreast of industry trends. If you're ready to be part of a supportive and forward-thinking team, this could be the perfect fit for you.
As a Network Engineer, you'll play a vital role in managing and enhancing our distributed LAN/WAN environments. Your responsibilities include:
- Providing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level support for WIFI, corporate LAN, MAN, and WAN Infrastructure, leveraging your 8+ years of experience.
- Collaborating with the production architecture group to gather requirements and design and deploy network infrastructure solutions.
- Assisting system support team members in troubleshooting complex, cross-platform issues.
- Evaluating emerging network technologies and aligning them with our business strategy.
- Monitoring the service management system to ensure effective problem resolution.
- Enforcing standard practices within the team, including compliance with security and corporate IT policies.
- Establishing close ties with counterparts to ensure adherence to technology standards, both locally and globally.
- Providing day-to-day support for existing Network infrastructure.
- Leading the design and implementation of new infrastructure on a per-project basis.
- Proactively recommending projects based on monitoring, expertise, and hardware knowledge.
- Participating in an On-Call rotation schedule for after-hours escalation.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Senior-level experience as a Level 2-3 technician specializing in Networking.
- Proven experience supporting market access and trading infrastructure environments, focusing on current and relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Network Management products and proficiency with ITP-standard monitoring tools.
- A deep understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and expertise in networking technologies such as Metro Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, DWDM, and TDM.
- Proficiency in routing protocols, including EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast, PIM, IGMP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Working experience with optical systems (e.g., ADVA supporting 10G, 40G, 100G, and FC).
- Detailed knowledge of Cisco products.
- Familiarity with ITP Policies and Procedures, including Change Control and timesheet management.
Join us in shaping the future of high-frequency trading and network engineering. Apply today and be part of our exciting journey!