Do you believe that learning and education are the true keys that let someone see sharp and build great things? Are you a .NET developer with a passion for E-Learning and online education? Would you like to build web-based learning tools to help people progress in their professional careers?
What if we told you you could do this from home, in your pajamas, working with a small team (5-person) Agile team of developers with a culture of bringing on the lulz as much as the code?
The internet is changing the way people learn, and our client is at the forefront of the E-learning market. They are the largest independent provider of continuing education & exam preparation for financial professionals in the U.S., and they are looking to expand their team with a reliable C# and ASP.NET Developer. More than that, they are looking for someone with initiative: a flexible developer who is not afraid to take charge of a blocker and spend the time to do things right.
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be part of the team responsible for designing, developing and troubleshooting high performance and high availability web applications that form the basis of the company’s customer sales and delivering system for their continuing education platform. This is the engine that comprises the delivery system and the tracking of users, and is central to the company’s operations.
You should be comfortable with switching between handling maintenance and “green field” development. You’ll be working remotely, within the EST time zone work hours.
- Contribute to the development of new application(s) based on existing application(s) as well as new requirements as defined by company needs
- Analyze technical requirements and design new components, web pages, and controls to meet functional, performance and availability requirements
- Design and develop using design principles and patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Company's product architecture and frameworks. Maintain and contribute to product platform as necessary
- Maintain and support the company's products
- Redesign, implement and maintain the new solution(s) quickly and efficiently
- Ensure compatibility with all popular browsers including mobile
- Participate and drive continuous improvement (code reviews, unit/system testing)
- Participate in discussions among other .NET and database developers to exchange new ideas and improvements
- Keep an eye on emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen the company's technology platform and development practices.
Description of Duties:
- Analyze, develop, and maintain new software in a newly built codebase.
- Familiar with client-side and server-side debugging approaches.
- Proficiency in Microsoft technologies including: ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server, and Visual Studio
- Willingness to run with a task. To implement and test solutions through the development life cycle.
What We Need You To Bring To The Table:
BS in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent work experience
At least 3 years of experience and knowledge of:
- ASP.NET MVC (Standard and Core)
- HTML, CSS/LESS/SASS, jQuery, Bootstrap
- Responsive design and cross-browser compatibility experience
- SQL Server, LINQ, Entity Framework
- Agile development experience
- Experience writing quality, maintainable code to high standards
- The courage to put your ideas out there and give feedback on your colleague’s ideas.
- A good degree of fluency (written and spoken) in English: you must be able to hold technical and casual conversations, understand and be understood without constant repetition.
Some Additional Skills That Would ( c ) Sharpen Your Chances:
- Experience building content management systems
- Azure experience
- Docker experience (uploading images to SSD drives)
- Angular 7+ and Angular Material experience
- Xamarin experience
- Experience working with Git
- Familiar with popular web technologies such as CSS frameworks, and responsive design
- The ability to run with a task. You should be willing to implement and test solutions through the development life cycle.
- yes, we said that twice 😉
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- The chance to work remotely from your home.
- Opportunities for growth. If you do well, you’ll rise in the company.
- Work in a team of generalists who like to share a good laugh – the culture here is one where joking and good humor go hand-in-hand with learning and hard work!
- Be part of a company that values – indeed, requires – that you share your opinion and put your ideas forward!
- Competitive pay.
Sounds good? Get in touch!