The Film Industry is worth $42.5 billion, and it's quite a number, but it's been highly surpassed in the entertainment industry by Gaming – which is now worth $145.7 billion. If you're a Data Engineer with a passion for the entertainment industry and are itching to apply your skills here, look no further! This is the dream job for you.
This client is combining data with art, and they collaborate with major companies and production studios. They provide rich industry and trend data, bring insight into their client's decision-making processes, and provide unique supply chain views. You'll be combining raw information from different sources to create consistent outputs, developing and testing architectures to enable data extraction and transformation, and enabling predictive or prescriptive modeling.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Study and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Assess business needs and goals
- Read trends and patterns
- Carry out complex data analysis and report on the results
- Set up data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Develop algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Research ways to improve data quality and reliability
- Pinpoint opportunities for data acquisition
To be a good fit, you will need experience with:
- Data Engineering
- Data mining, data modeling and segmentation techniques
- At least one programming language (such as Python)
- MongoDB database design
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar is a plus
This role is a 100% remote opportunity that will remain this way forever! If this opportunity sounds exciting, please apply below.