“When one door closes, another door opens.” It can be a nice life quote. It can be a smart home owner describing his problem to the support technician over the phone…
The Level 2 Support Technician will not be dealing with smart homes – but hopefully the joke still put a smile on your face! This company produces hardware for IT service providers, and they're looking for someone who can handle calls and troubleshooting for issues that can range from basic driver problems to server operating system errors.
You're a great communicator and strive to provide the best customer service possible, and you thrive you problem-solving. You'll be the quintessential people-person and a great team player. You'll also be great at documenting and keeping track of issues.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience managing level 2 or 3 calls, and using ticketing systems
- Experience with Windows Server, Virtualization, Active Directory, and DNS services.
- Experience with Linux and VMWare
- Strong Hyper-V knowledge
- Networking experience (and not the “mingling with people” kind, of course).
- Experience troubleshooting Windows PCs, from OS and software to common HW problems.
- Knowing your way around Windows 10: troubleshooting and diagnosing
- Scripting or automation knowledge, for example, PowerShell or C# and Python.
- Experience with cloud services is big plus
- Possessing Windows certifications to showcase your skills =)
If you're interested, come do some networking with us (social networking, that is) and fill out the form below so we can get in touch!