Level 2 Systems Engineer
Did you know that queue is pronounced from only the letter “q” as the other four letters are waiting for their turn? Don't get the wrong idea though – our client's ticket queue is spick and span!
They are a leading Managed Services Provider who have a reputation for having the best customer service. They like to think of themselves as a community-centered organization: they have clients in different sectors within their region, and their mission is to help them succeed. Their values? To do it with empathy – they want to deliver friendly, caring, and responsive service 100% of the time.
They have a small and highly efficient team, and are looking to hire someone who enjoys working alongside customers to help them run their business reliably and seamlessly, and someone passionate about breaking down intricate problems. This client is keen on finding someone who is able to manage tickets, and wants to grow with the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide extraordinary customer service and support on incoming calls and escalated tickets, and ensure a timely and solid resolution of their issues, making use of remote tools and diagnostic utilities
- Organize incident priorities to make sure SLAs are met
- Configure and/or install hardware and software components
- Manage antivirus software and keep definitions updated
- Use Active Directory, File & Print services, DNS and DHCP for server administration
- Run preventative maintenance
- Supply and configure system for new hires
- Onboard new customers and lead network discoveries
- Assist in identifying infrastructure upgrades or projects, and propose improvement plans to clients
- Keep a tidy log with time entries and support notes using their PSA
- Keep clients updated on their projects and cases
- Update client's IT environment information in the documentation system
- Document policies and procedures
- Be a part of the on-call rotation with other Level 2 and Level 3 staff
- Keep up to date with security best practices
- Troubleshoot issues with any of the folowing:
- MS Office Suite
- Windows 7/10/11, MacOS, Android/iPhone
- LAN/WAN connectivity
- Onsite Hosted and Exchange email/Exchange environments
- Firewall configuration (VPN, port forwarding, and more)
- Cloud phone providers
- Third party applications, with additional assistance from the vendors
- Hardware diagnostics related to servers, workstations, laptops, routers, switches, etc.
- Group policy objects
- User profiles
- Active Directory
- Windows domains and workgroups
- Windows Server 2012/16/19/22
- Azure and AWS
- VMWare and Hyper-V
They require skills/experience with:
- 3+ years of experience as an IT Technician, preferably for an MSP (or serving multiple clients).
- O365 administration.
- Desktop and server operating systems (Windows 7 and 10, Server 2008, 2012, and 2016, and Mac OS).
- Active Directory.
- Virtualization tech such as VMWare
- RMM and ticketing tools
- Configuring and troubleshooting firewalls
- Understanding of networking devices.
- Exellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Knowledge of Azure and AWS
- CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+
- Kaseya RMM and Autotask PSA Experience
If you're looking for a collaborative, supportive team and a great place to work – look no further! Fill out the form below to get started!