How many types of people are there in the world? There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not. If you're in the first group, then hurray! You will probably know what a hard drive does when it gets into a fight (it asks for a back-up!).
As goofy as we sound, we are very serious about finding the best IT technician for our client. They are a leading Managed Services Provider who have been in the industry for nearly fifteen years. They have a small and highly efficient team, with a team leader who has 25 years of experience. They're currently in need of a strong Level 2 Technician who can capably resolve tickets, take customer calls, patch, reboot and generally troubleshoot servers, manage VPNs, perform backups, and overall ensure the satisfaction of the end user. They would ideally like the candidate to commence their workday one to two hours ahead of them, since they're in US Pacific Time. If you have experience providing support in a similar position, and have great interpersonal skills, please read on!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support requests to the service desk coming in through telephone, web, and email to ensure polite, timely, and effective resolution of the end-user's issues.
- System configuration and setup for new hires.
- Ensure that SLAs are met by prioritizing incidents and service requests.
- Assist in resolving support requests by using remote tools and diagnostic utilities.
- Install and configure hardware/software components through different network infrastructure devices.
- Manage virus software installation and updates.
- Manage servers using Active Directory, File & Print services, DNS, DHCP.
- Run preventative maintenance (patch management, backup jobs, etc.)
- Help with escalated tickets from Level 1 technicians
- Make sure the company meets its safety and security standards
These are the required skills and experience:
- Previous experience as an IT Technician, preferably for an MSP (or serving multiple clients).
- Office 365 administration.
- Desktop and server operating systems (Windows 7 and 10, Server 2008, 2012, and 2016, and Mac OS).
- Active Directory.
- Setting up and troubleshooting VPNs.
- Understanding of networking devices and appliances.
- Exellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and customer service skills
- Ability to work under moderate supervision
- CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+
- Kaseya RMM and Autotask PSA Experience
We hope we caught your attention, and if we succeeded, please use the form below to apply! Did we mention that this is a remote opportunity, by the way? Pants 404 error is perfectly acceptable!