“The old question 'is it in the database?' will be replaced by 'is it on the blockchain?'” – William Mougayar
Blockchain is influencing big changes by giving power back to the users in many different ways. Our client, a company set out to decentralize wireless infrastructures and make a meaningful impact, is looking for a Blockchain Developer to join their team, and help this young company grow. They promise you'll never have a dull day!
You'll be contributing to 3 key areas: Core Consensus Libraries, Core Cryptography, and Core P2P Networking. All the duties associated with these areas will help implement the blockchain that is used for enabling distributed Wi-Fi offload and webservices technology.
These will be your duties and required skills:
- Research and development of math used in block chain, and math used to support cryptography and P2P networking
- Incredibly strong knowledge of network systems (bonus for P2P)
- Understand the design of cryptosystems and the pros/cons for using certain algorithms
- Excellent understanding of cryptography, bgp routing, nat, and firewalls
- Build core libaries for distributed consensus, for cryptosystems (like OpenSSL) and to abstract their P2P networking solution
- Write virtualized testing for large-scale testing of their consensus protocols + cryptography + networks
- Support Sr, Ssr and Jr Engineers
- Scope and form requirements for the technical architecture of the project, and create a development plan for implementation
- Craft rewards systems for providing consensus, cryptography infrastructure, and p2p network infrastructure
Apart from this, you'll need solid experience with C/C++, Golang, or Rust (and if you have all 3, then bingo!).
If consensus, cryptography and/or P2P networking is your cup of coffee, don't hesitate to apply to learn more about this offer! And remember – this is a remote opportunity, pants are optional.