💡 Did you know that it's forecasted that by next year, nearly 33% of the world's electricity will come from renewable energy? What's more, global investment in renewables has increased by over 20% in the first months of 2023 compared to last year.
Wouldn't it be exciting to be a part of the change? Well, this is your chance! We're looking for a Database Developer for a client in the renewable energy sector. They back clean energy projects, and are building a portal that allows them and their clients to analyze the performance of said projects. Their clientbase is growing rapidly, and they need someone to help them take their portal to the next level to keep up with the growth.
What will you be responsible for?
- Working closely with your team members to develop and maintain the portal
- Ensure stable visualizations and secure data management through the use of new and existing tools
- Provide support to make the deployed data and systems consistent, reliable, and accurate
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience with:
- Database development and schema creation, including InfluxDB
- AWS or similar cloud environment, along with data management and IoT modules
- Visualization tools such as Tableau or Graphana
- Python scripts
- Building dashboards
- Data analytics and trends analysis
- InfluxDB line protocol and data transmission concepts
- Strong communication skills and a good team player
Additional experience with the following will be highly valued:
- Familiarity with Debian on single board computers
- JIRA and Agile sprints
- Being comfortable working independently, but collaborating with a distributed team
- Background in energy and working with energy data
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
If you have strong proactive skills with a high level of commitment to getting things done, this is the right place for you. They need energized people (clean energy, of course!) to help them push forward.
This is a fully remote position, and an opportunity to work on something new and exciting. So, if this sounds appealing, don’t hesitate to apply!