When people say they’re unplugging for a while, do you want to point out the world has been wireless for a while now? Excellent, because we’re looking for an experienced embedded software developer with a background in networking, routers, and network architecture to join a successful team to take the product to the next into the future.
If you’re the sort of dev who leaves relationships to the database guys, this isn’t the right role for you. We need an embedded developer who can talk to the team, stakeholders, and the end client to give great customer service and help the project move forward with ease.
You’ll be comfortable working in an Agile team and without someone spoon-feeding you. We’re looking for someone who is always seeking to improve and is comfortable in a test-driven environment. You’ll be working with customers and colleagues to identify and resolve issues, and report them back to the development team; all while keeping relationships positive.
The Job Includes:
- Analysis, design, and development of tests and test-automation suites.
- Designing and developing a processing platform using various configuration management technologies.
- Testing software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Maintaining, supporting, and enhancing existing systems and platforms.
- Collaborating with business users, project managers, and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions that suit all parties.
- Providing recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Working as part of a team that strives to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Enhancing the existing system through new initiatives and programs
- Writing technical documentation that is accessible to colleagues, partners and end users.
- Leading embedded development initiatives with peer engineers
- Channeling feedback from others into the product development strategy to drive improvements.
- Have experience of working hands-on with low-level C programming and embedded development
- Be a guru when it comes to Linux on embedded architectures.
- Know your way around analog to digital signal processing.
- Be familiar working with SIP/VoIP protocols & technology.
- Have a DevOps focus, using tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc. for developing and building code.
- Know your way around test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Have worked with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Be capable of managing your own workload to deliver on multiple, competing priorities.
- Be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
You Can Boast About Your:
- Your past in a software engineer or similar role
- What you’ve done with C, Linux, and embedded architectures
- All you know about VoIP & PBX solutions, porting, DIDs, SIP Trunks, Class 5 PBX functionality and management, and experience with overall VOIP solutions
- Your detailed understanding of TCP & UDP protocols and VPN, OpenVPN and PPTP
- What you know about the OSI model
- Your awesome packet capture & wire-shark analysis skills
- How much experience you have with both Linux & Windows environments
It’d Be Good If You:
- Had some experience with Python and Web Development
- Knew your way around the development of test plans, product quality plans, test cases, and scripts for QA and product validation
- Had a solid understanding of troubleshooting tools for SIP Applications, Server Monitoring Tools and Support tools a plus
- Understoodrouters, device management, and TR-069 / STUN a plus
Your Rock-hard Soft Skills:
- You’ll be able to research and conduct technological analysis
- You’ll be ready for leadership, with great organizational skills
- You’ll be a strategic thinker who loves problem-solving
- You’ll be able to communicate, work with, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Strategic and proactive thinking, and the courage to act on it.
- Great communication skills, including presentations, to all staff levels including customers and senior execs.
- The patience to pass your skills on to others
You Need to Know
You’ll work an 8 hour day with at least 6 hours overlap with EST. You’ll be reporting directly to the VP of Software Engineering.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch today.