What did the DBA say to the Developer?
It doesn’t matter, he wasn’t listening anyway.
And what did the Developer say to the DBA?
It doesn’t matter, the answer was no.
Hold on, hold on! This is funny, but in in our client's company there is no replication of this behavior. Our client is looking for a talented DBA, and you will be the first dedicated one they hire. They need someone who can manage and design their databases and maintain their standards, improve the performance and deployment processes. You will be providing support to five different development teams, and the company has around 15 databases in production for each team, so there are over 100 databases in total. They have cloud instances running, as well as on-premises databases. In the long run, they would like to grow toward machine learning solutions as well.
This company is at the forefront of learning technologies and provide e-learning programs for certified and non-certified professionals in the healthcare industry, financial industry, and more. They're constantly evolving and growing, run efficient Agile-first teams, and have a broadly distributed staff. They value good-natured, inquisitive, and methodical IT professionals who come prepared to collaborate and share their knowledge. They offer unlimited time off, real career development opportunities, and an ethical work environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Designing and implementing databases according to the end users needs
– Creating, enforcing, and documenting database policies, procedures, and standards
– Reducing any database downtime and managing related issues
– Monitoring and improving database performance
– Providing proactive and reactive support and training to users
– Running tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data integrity, privacy, and security
What are the required skills?
– 2+ years experience as a database administrator
– Working experience with database standards and end-user applications
– Experience with data backup, recovery backup security, integrity, and security
– Experience with performance tuning
– Knowledge of database design, documentation, and coding for Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Server
– Knowledge of database design and coding for MySQL is a plus
– Strong algorithmic thinking and good problem-solving skills
If this schema looks interesting, please use the form below to apply! Remember – this is a fully remote, long-term opportunity 🙂