Successful hedge funds will be entrepreneurial; it is the essence of the craft. – Paul Singer
Our client is a startup hedge fund focusing on quantitative strategies. Their goal is to outperform the stock market as represented by the S&P 500 by 5% or more, with a Sharpe ratio that is 50% better than the S&P 500. They are looking to hire a qualified professional who is interested in joining a very dynamic and focused hedge fund with the potential to reap outsized career and financial rewards as the firm grows over the next 3 years. Intelligence, energy, discipline, and, most of all, integrity, are the values you hold dear if you're the chosen one!
Your responsibilities will be:
- Search, gather, and analyze data for investments in stocks and ETFs.
- Help maintain and expand the firm’s equity and options analysis in Indices, ETFs, and stocks.
- Vetting and reconciliation of production trading outputs.
- Support current strategies and help develop new strategies utilizing their proprietary software.
- Help the team optimize their options portfolio management.
To be a good fit, you will need:
- Experience with data processing, aggregation, and visualization in at least one coding language (R, MS Access, Python, SQL).
- To be self-driven, able to comfortably work both independently and in a team setting, work on multiple projects and shift priorities as needed.
- To be a great listener and communicator, unafraid to ask questions and able to take instructions.
- Have a natural curiosity, strong logical and problem-solving skills, and keen attention to detail
- BA/BS or Graduate degree in finance, mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science or engineering
- Ability to run statistical analysis (mean, median, std deviation, kurtosis, skew, regression analysis, etc). Familiarity with company’s financial statements 10-K, 10-Q.
- Familiarity with investment management tools (e.g., Axioma, Barra, Charles River, FactSet, or Bloomberg).
- CFA designation or candidacy.
This role is a 100% remote opportunity that will remain this way forever! If this opportunity sounds exciting, please apply below.